In this issue:
– The Perfect Christmas Gift
– Singing Oh Canada!
– Christmas Recitals
– Celtic Fiddle Orchestra Concerts
– Student Feed Back
– Did you read your Newsletter Contest
– Welcome New Students
– Is your teacher sold out?
– Refer a friend and get $25 cash!
What can you give that can’t be lost, broken, or outgrown? Music lessons!
You can give the usual stuff like socks and underwear, electronic gadgets, or loud and annoying toys which, by the way are not as appreciated by parents as you would hope for. Or, you can introduce someone to the love of music. This year we are offering gift certificates for 4 private music lessons to give to your friends and family. They are $112 each and are available now. As you know we offer music lessons on piano, guitar, voice, violin, drums, saxophone, clarinet, and flute so we’re sure to have an instrument that your friend would love to learn.
Call or email the school today to give your friends or family the perfect Christmas gift.
Angel C. and Stephanie M. have both taken the opportunity to sing Oh Canada at Oakville Blades games this year. The Academy of Music provides voice students to sing the national anthem for all the OMHL games for the 2014, 2015 season.
This opportunity is for all Academy of Music students age 10 and up, not just voice students. The only thing we ask is that non-voice students do an informal audition. Would you like to sing the national anthem at an OMHL game? Just call or email James to let him know that you are interested. He will help you with the details.
The annual Christmas recitals are coming on Sunday November 30th in Oakville and Saturday November 29th in Georgetown. If you are wondering if this is for you the answer is YES! These recitals are for all students.
Here are a few things that will help you get the most out of the recital.
Tickets to the recital are $10 for adults and $5:00 for kids under 12. Children under 4 and performers are free. Tickets will be sold at the door.
- Performers will sit in reserved seating in the front two rows. They may sit with their parents after their performance.
- Please try not to leave right after your child’s performance. The students at the end of the recital deserve an audience as much as the students at the beginning.
- Please don’t talk during the performance and try to keep young children quiet so the performers are not distracted.
- Please come 15 to 20 minutes early
- Students do not need to memorize their music and if they have we still strongly encourage them to bring their music in case they have any difficulties while performing.
- Students should use a paperclip or post it note on the piece they are playing so they don’t have to search for the page at the concert.
- Dress for the recital does not have to be formal, but please do not dress in immodest or sloppy clothing. The appearance of the performer is always an important part of the performance.
If you have any questions please talk to the desk or call the school office. We hope you enjoy the recital
Celtic Fiddle Orchestra Annual Christmas Concerts
The Oakville and Georgetown Celtic Fiddle Orchestras present their annual Celtic Christmas Concerts on Friday December 5th in Georgetown and Saturday December 6th in Oakville. You will be treated to a wide variety of traditional Christmas Carols as well the orchestra’s blend of jigs, reels, waltzes, and airs. Joining us in Oakville this year will be a fun group of musicians from Western Ontario called the Tillsonburg Celtic Music Club. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 12 and are available at the Academy. You don’t want to miss this!
Here’s a clip.
“Our son is thrilled to be taking guitar lessons with the Academy of Music. This is his second year, and it’s the one thing he looks forward to and is committed to, partially due to the fact that his teacher James is very encouraging and knows how to bring out the best in him. Thank you for doing such a great job!” Paula Cruickshank
Did You Read Your Newsletter Contest!
To increase readership of the Academy Newsletter each month we’ll feature a new contest winner or a new contest. Be sure to read your newsletter each month to see if your name has been drawn or you might miss out!
This month’s winner is:
Sara has won a ten dollar iTunes gift card!
To redeem your prize just bring this to the office to claim your iTunes card. Congratulations!
Ashley W – C.
Is Your Teacher Sold Out?
Many of our teachers have sold out between the hours 4 pm – 8 pm. If you need a schedule change or would like to be added to a waiting list for a particular teacher, day or time, please contact our office and we can add you to the waiting list. There are still limited lesson spots available. To inquire about openings for October send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the office, Oakville (905) 845-1227 – Georgetown (905) 877-2770.
Refer a Friend and get $25 Cash!
It’s EASY to refer
Just have your friend mention your name when they register and we’ll take care of the rest! We greatly appreciate your referral!
Referrals are not valid for immediate family. Add a family member to your account and get a free $25.00 registration.